Political Satire targeting republicans.
Politcal Sature in the style of Tom Lehrer. Laugh at Republican stupidity, marvel at the piano, enjoy the attitude. Not suitable for the terminally obtuse.
Eskit says - "Having failed at taking the world of country music by storm, I turned to writing songs of political satire. Using my wits, my piano, and my Broadway instincts, I embarked on a style pioneered by the once-famous Tom Lehrer. In 1976 I initiated a weekly variety show on radio station WBUR (Boston), then went and played guitar(!) for the Southern Vermont Old-Time Fiddlers Assiciation. I have most notably performed my satire with Nina Simone and Garrison Keillor. My songs have been played on NPR's "All Things Considered", Pacifica Radio's "Democracy Now", and for Amnesty International and Minnesota Public Radio. When I ran for President in 1976, I was proud to be mentioned in Rolling Stone Magazine. (Neverthless, I lost the election.)
This CD is no-holds-barred political satire for Liberals. Subjects include foreign policy, tax policy, and environmental policy. This probably sounds boring, but it's not. I'm against boring. As my Grandma used to say .... "Is your liver on the spree? Would your stomach like to be? Well then take a look at me, and laugh, fool, laugh." With the exception of the first song ("When The Republicans Start Getting AIDS"), I tried to find humor wherever I could. There's even a song for the most dangerous dumb-ass of our time: Dick Cheney. I realize that there are many other subjects I could have included, but the Republicans are manufacturing absurdity faster than I can write."
I Got A Republican Up My Ass
- When The Republicans Start Getting AIDS - A sad song (but true!).
- Gun Song - Love me, love my gun.
- Patriot Act How unpatriotic can you get!
- 3 Blind Mice Skewers the morons in charge of foreign policy
- Campaign Song For The Republican Party Eskit demands royalties!
- Low Taxes Dont kid yourself Republicans are the biggest spenders on
- the planet. The bill goes to your children.
- Terror Alert Ooh, I feel safe already.
- Little Dickie Cheney A song from the White House nursery.
Shove It A song about Theresa Kerry. You go, girl!