|WORDS TO REMEMBER
This is a place for fun quotations. If you know of a good one, please let me know. If I like it, I'll add it to the list..
To send your own suggestions, click here.
- I am not a crook.
- President Richard Nixon (1973)
- Show class or die.
- Slogan for 1960s motorcycle gang
- Oil is too important to be left in the hands of the Arabs.
- Henry Kissinger (1980's)
- "The price was worth it." - U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright, when asked if it troubled her that America's policies had resulted in the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children (1996)
- "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda under Hitler
- "The intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." - Secret British memo detailing the Bush plan to deceive the American people in order to invade Iraq (July, 2002)
- "My politics - tainted or untainted - are certain to die with me. But my music, I am foolish enough to imagine, might just possibly outlive the Republican Party." - Aaron Copland, composer of "Appalachian Spring"
- A picture of the cross of Jesus, with the caption "TRUTH, NOT TOLERANCE" - A bumper sticker seen at a Minneapolis Bible college (2005)
- "Let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good .... Our goal is a Christian nation .... we have a Biblical duty, was are called by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want Pluralism. We want theocracy. Theocracy means God rules. i've got a hot flash. God rules." - Randall Terry - founder, 'Operation Rescue' (1993)
- "I hope to see the day when in our country we won't have any public schools. The church will have taken them over and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!" - Rev. Jerry Falwell (1979)
- "I blame Congress over the last 50 to 100 years for not standing up and taking its responsibility given to it by the Constitution. The reason the judiciary has been able to impose a separation of church and state that's nowhere in the Constitution is that Congress didn't stop them. The reason we had judicial review is because Congress didn't stop them. The reason we had a right to privacy is because Congress didn't stop them." - House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (2005)
- * "If I ever crossed myself, it would signify 'In the name of Nature, Art, and Science'" - Bela Bartok, Hungarian composer (1907)
- When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag,
carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
- I do not need to explain why I say things ....... Thats the interesting thing about being President ...... I dont feel I owe anybody an explanation. - G. W. Bush, 2002
- "Anyone who has proclaimed volence his method inexhorably must choose lying as his principle." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn